.. although some of them might not be that new, because they have been in development for over 2 years by now.
Overall, there are currently 5 new operating systems in development.
Here’s the list:
1. Windows 8 (Windows 7 Successor)
2. Windows Midori (Written entirely in managed code)
3. Windows Singularity (Basically the same as Windows Midori)
4. Windows Azure (Cloud Computing OS)
5. Barrelfish (Multicore OS)
Ok, that might be a shock for some. Here’s another surprise…
3 out of 5 systems might be open-source. You can currently download a preview of Windows Singularity over at codeplex, you can try Windows Azure for free and download a preview of Barrelfish.
If you want to find out more about Windows Azure, Singularity, Midori and especially Windows 8 then go to our
Windows 8 News + Theme Blog
You can also download & discuss the new systems over at our forums.
Trending On Windows Themes .Net