Easy on the eyes: Configure and use cleartype text in Windows 7
Cleartype text is an excellent option provided in Windows 7 through which users are able to clearly view text. This tutorial shall teach you how to enable or disable cleartype text in Windows 7. It is always turned ON in Windows 7 by default, but in case you want to turn it OFF, this is how to do it. I would not recommend you turning it OFF because ClearType Text enables viewers to see text as clear and sharp as possible.
1. Type cttune.exe in Run and press Enter
2. You now have the option to either check or uncheck the text box, after which you could be results during preview. In this Window, I have checked the Turn on cleartype.
3. Now uncheck Turn on cleartype and see the text in this Window. Now you must have noticed the difference. I have enabled it and clicked Next to proceed with the further onscreen instructions
4. In the next step, you would see Windows is making sure your monitor is set to its native resolution message. If it is set to display resolution, you would see Your display monitor is set to its native resolution
5. In the next step, check box showing the most appropriate text. You have to do this for the rest of the steps and keep on clicking Next.
6. Again check box and click Next
7. Repeat step 6.
8. The last step shall show inform You have finished turning the text on your monitor
Based on 1 votes