Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is that technologies which prevents code from being executed in certain regions of memory that are for storage. In this tutorial, we are showing you how to disable data execution prevention in Windows 8.
Follow this link to: Disable DEP in Windows 7 or Vista
Steps to disable DEP for programs
1. Open the Desktop by clicking Desktop tile on the Start Screen.
2. Next, Right click on your desktop and select Personalize.
3. Next, click on the ‘Advanced system settings‘.
4. Next, click on the Settings.
5. Now, click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
6. Next, click on ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select’ and then click on the Add button.
7. Next, Browse to the location of the program (executable – .exe) that you want to disable DEP. Then click on the Open button.
8. Next, click on the OK button.
9. Finally, click on the Apply and then OK. Then you should restart your computer in order for the changes to take place. That are the complete steps to disable data execution prevention in Windows 8.
It is recommended to enable DEP as it helps to prevent attacks and exploits that would normally be able to run freely on your system.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8