Adding the “Open File Location” and “Open Folder Location” from the Context Menu in Windows 8 may be useful in some cases, here’s how
We often right-click on a file or folder shortcut, then use the Properties option and click on Open File Location or Open Folder Location option to open the exact location of a file or folder. However, this can be simplified by adding the option “Open File Location” and “Open Folder Location” to the Context Menu. It can be done very easily.
Follow the steps mentioned below to add or remove “Open File Location” and “Open Folder Location” from the Context Menu.
1. First of all download Attachment_3.zip. and extract the files which are inside of the archive. You will see two files are there. One is Add.reg and another one is Remove.reg.
2. If you open Add.reg file in notepad it will looks like following.
3. If you open Remove.reg file in notepad it will looks like following.
4. To add “Open File Location” and “Open Folder Location” to the Context Menu double click on the Add.reg file. User Account Control (UAC) dialog box will open. Click on Yes option.
5. Now, the Registry Editor window will open. Click on Yes to add the keys and values contained in Add.reg to the registry.
6. When done, you will see a confirmation window, click on OK. That’s it.
You can see the result below
7. To remove “Open File Location” and “Open Folder Location” from the Context Menu double click on the Remove.reg file and follow all the steps described above and you can see the effect below.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8