Would you like to change the boot order in Windows 7? It’s very easy and doesn’t require a lot of work and you don’t have to modifiy the boot.ini, although you could do that as well if you are an advanced user, but let’s look at the safe & easy method first.
The “easy” method would be to change the default operating system by editing the startup settings.
Do you know where to change those options? No? Then read on…
Table Of Contents - Quick Links!
About The Boot Order
The default OS will always be the first in your boot list. That’s why you have to change the the default OS if you want to change the boot order in Windows 7. Ifyou installed Windows Vista and then Windows 7, Windows Vista will be your default OS.
Why Do You Want To Change The Boot Order?
If the answer is “So that I can boot Windows 7″, then you should rethink your strategy. If you can only see the bootup options for a few seconds and you are not able to select Windows 7, then you don’t want to change the boot order, you want to change the boot selection time.
Set the time to 20 seconds, that will be enough to select the operating system of your choice. You will find that option directly below the dropdown-field of the default OS (compare with step 4.)
Changing The Boot Order In Windows 7
1. Open the Explorer (Windows key + E) and right-click on “Computer”
2. Click on “Properties”
3. Edit the Startup & Recovery settings as seen below:
4. Next, you got to select the operating system of your choice from the dropdown field. I have highlighted it in the picture below:
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8