Busy Computer Hard Drive? Disable The Disk Defragmenter Schedule in Windows 7/8
If you want to turn off the scheduled disk defragmentation in Windows 7 and 8 we have a little guide for you to get you started
Defragmentation programs can help you to clean up hard drives with lots of disk transfers. However, the built-in scheduled disk defragmentation might not be needed if you use a different tool or don’t want busy hard drives during the night
Scheduling Disk Defragmentation
1. Depending on your OS do this
- For Windows 7: Click Start-> Type dfrgui-> Press Enter.
- For Windows 8: Press Windows + C to open the Windows Charms Bar-> Select Search-> Type dgrgui in Search Field of Apps.
2. Now if you want to Turn Off Disk Defragmenter, when the Optimize Drives Window Opens, Click Change Settings (for Windows 8).
3. Uncheck the option Run on a schedule (Recommended)-> Click OK.
4. If you want to Turn on Disk Defragmenter, repeat step 1-> In the Optimize Drive Windows click Turn On.
5. Now in the new Window check the option Run on a schedule(Recommended)-> Click OK-> Close Optimize Drives.