If you want to add or remove Startup Programs in Windows 8, go through this tutorial.
Startup programs are executed automatically when a user logon to Windows 8. You may want to launch one or more utility tools automatically when Windows 8 starts or may want to prevent some unnecessary programs to start automatically, at the startup of windows to reduce CPU load. According to your requirements, you can add or remove startup programs in Windows 8. You can also add or remove startup programs for a particular user or for all users in Windows 8.
The easiest way to add or remove startup programs is by using Startup folder. The Startup folder can be easily accessed using Windows explorer in Windows 8. You can also launch the Startup folder by using Run.
Follow the steps to add or remove Startup Programs in Windows 8.
Table Of Contents - Quick Links!
Steps to add or remove Startup Programs in Windows 8
Add Startup programs for a single user in Windows 8
1. First of all navigate to
Replace “anik_HP” with your Windows 8 user account name. (If you have installed windows 8 in other drive then replace “C” with the corresponding drive letter).
Press (Windows + R) keys to open Run. Type
And hit OK.
In both cases the Startup folder will open.
2. Now, you need to create the shortcut of the programs which you want to launch at start up. Suppose I want to launch BitComet.exe at start up, so I have created a shortcut of that application. Finally, put the shortcut to the Startup folder. You are done.
Add Startup programs for all users in Windows 8
1. To add Startup programs for all users in Windows 8 go to
(If you have installed windows 8 in other drive then replace “C” with the corresponding drive letter).
2. Now, drag the shortcut of the application which you want to run at startup to that folder. Thats all.
To remove a program from Startup, you just need to delete the shortcut file of that particular program from the folder.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8